Question / Help Why is the quality so much worse ...

mypasswordisafe

.. with OBS multiplatform?! compared to the old one, it´s too unsharpened. Have done tests with and without amd vce recording, sometimes with i444 full range the clips were too dark ...

OLD OBS 0.652b (x264 veryfast, crf=20)

NEW OBS Multi. (x264 veryfast, crf=20, zerolatency)

Conducted tests done with billinear, bicubic and lasnzos and without resizing. AMD VCE at 50mbit, lossless (way too dark) and other settings. No idea why, but until its fixed or someone explains to me how to fix it (custom x264 param?), i don´t see myself using the newer version.

/shrug

ciao.

Attachments

• old OBS 0.652b - 27mb.jpg
    old OBS 0.652b - 27mb.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 58
  • new OBS multistudio 0.12.3 - 22mb.jpg
    new OBS multistudio 0.12.3 - 22mb.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 64

mypasswordisafe

Looks like i´ve managed to fix this issue (had the canvas stretched this whole time). Is it possible that I444 at Full range requires more bitrate than whatever the old OBS uses (i assume i420)?

Recorded files get twice as big with the OBS (same x264 settings)
Capture.PNG

Harold

I can see there are some differences between those two (even at full view) mainly in the pillar on the left above the second barrel from the left.

Also, the barrels look sharper in the png.

mypasswordisafe

Woah! If you didn´t tell me where to look, i would not have seen the difference at all. I´m gonna keep using jpeg, one shareper barrel or the better looking picto icon above it won´t make change or start uploading .png nearly 10 times the size :=)

On first glance, there´s no difference. You really have to focus on certain areas, i´m too old to play Where´s Waldo :=)

Harold

Just switching tabs was enough for me to notice the difference between the two in the general area.