Question / Help Why is OBS MP uploading weirdly when OBS is perfectly fine?

MagicalAsh

Hi, so OBS MP (Windows, 0.11.2) is uploading at a significantly lower rate than my current upload speed. My bitrate is set to 1700, but it appears to be uploading (Via the number in the bottom right) anywhere between 200-700kb/s. Regular OBS does not do this, and only Multiplatform supports my capture card. What should I do?

Also, OBS MP also seems to get behind several minutes when streaming to twitch. OBS also does not have this problem.

Attachments

• 2015-08-13 15-36-50.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 27

DEDRICK

OP you are connecting to San Fran, do you live on the West US coast and is San Fran the closest server to you?

Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app...
15:37:27.933: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app successful

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Yeah, everything looks fine. I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of that amount of bit rate fluctuation.

As for the delay, is your stream buffering a lot?

MagicalAsh

Yeah, everything looks fine. I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of that amount of bit rate fluctuation.

As for the delay, is your stream buffering a lot?
Yes it is, that's the issue. OBS standard does not do that, OBS MP does. My uploaded bitrate fluctuates after a short while streaming, and only in OBS MP. I am really confused as to what is happening.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You appear to have set tune=zerolatency so this is expected behavior with this parameter.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm confused about the problem. If you set it to a specific bitrate, it'll use that specific bitrate (unless it goes over twitch's 3500 limit, in which it will cap it back to 3500). We don't do anything different with the encoder in MP than we do in OBS1. It's the same encoder, x264, not some different library, and the settings and data we feed to it are the same. I even tested it just now and didn't see any unusual discrepancies.

SpeedFrog

It may also be worth noting that I am using an old laptop that isn't good enough to run the old OBS, I tried OBS MP because I heard it is more optimized and thought it could work. I'm having to resort to xsplit in the meantime.

Jonathan Carmo

Just signed up on this forum to report the same issue.

I've 2500-3000kbps upload, i've been using OBS for almost a year and i had no problem, but some features towards my Webcam could only be done using OBS-MP, a software which i have to say, much better then vanilla OBS, but my upload constantly drops to 1000kbps and this never happened or happens with vanilla OBS, i'm getting constantly buffer on my stream, which again never happened before, i'm getting back to vanilla OBS btw, just posted this here to keep you guys posted on that issue.

Cheers.