Question / Help Why does the downscale filter Bicubic look better than Lanczos?

I'm currently streaming at 1080p60fps and I was using the Lanczos filter for about an hour until I checked on my stream to make sure it looks good and I noticed it was slightly blurry looking and not crystal clear like it used to be. I recently started using OBS Streamlabs as I had had some troubles with it in the past and now it's working so I wanted to give it a shot and I noticed I was using the Lanczos filter after checking what was different about my settings other than CPU preset and resolution from what I normally stream at using OBS Studio. I then proceeded to stream with Bicubic and the stream quality looked so much better, like an actual 1080p stream.

My main monitor is 1440p so i just play at 1440p and downscale to 1080p, so having a good downscale filter is important in keeping the quality from going to shit.

Why is there a difference in Bicubic to Lanczos when Bicubis has less samples than Lanczos?

I have a log, but just not going to post since I'm not having an issue, just more of a general question, but if you think it's important I can tag on.