Why does OBS always suck at recording Rocket League?

I have no idea why OBS always sucked so bad at recording Rocket League. I got it to record it at a smooth 60FPS once, but everytime I record in Rocket League, the output file looks like absolute trash. My PC is pretty good, i7 8700k, GTX 1060 and 16GB of RAM. It is more than capable enough of recording Rocket League in 1440p. Every other game records fine with OBS, for some reason it's always Rocket League that looks like absolute shit. My drivers should be updated, and OBS is updated, but even after updating my GPU drivers it still records like shit, it doesn't make any sense. Shadow Play is the only thing that can record Rocket League well, but I wanted to use OBS.

Attachments

• 2020-09-08 16-02-53.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 101

qhobbes

1. Set the refresh rate of the monitor you game on to 120 Hz
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable auto remux from the advanced settings.