Question / Help White noise/static playing through mic into headset

Lewcas

Hello!

I've been having this problem for a little while now and it's becoming unbearable!

when I load up obs-mp, the mic bar is going up as if I'm speaking, but as soon as I log into my computer I can hear white noise through my headset when any of my mic's are plugged in. I can't hear myself when I speak just this annoying static/white noise. Has anyone else had this?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling realtek hd audio manager but that didn't solve the problem, but when it wasn't on my system it seemed that it stopped. If there isn't a fix, would this be something I could do if I was wanting to record games with friends to record myself, them and the game volume? I have voice meeter and vb audio cable set up correctly as they've turned out fine in videos before this problem occurred.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Still quite new to this stuff so don't worry about sounding too simple with instructions! :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Can you post your log?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you saying that when you have OBS MP open, you can hear yourself talking in your headset? Or are you just referring to a noise being output into the videos themselves?