Where is OBS Studio 27.x.y for Ubuntu Focal?

MadMartian

The latest version of OBS Studio for Ubuntu Focal (version 28) is incompatible with the plug-ins I use, and there is no update available for those plug-ins. I also notice that the previous version 27.1.3-0obsproject1~focal I had installed prior is no where to be found. Breaking changes like these are extremely frustrating and disruptive, I now deeply regret upgrading to the latest version of OBS and not putting the package on hold. Where has the 27.x.y focal package gone to? was it removed? why? I am dead in the water and cannot use OBS as long as there is no update available for my plugins nor if I cannot downgrade to 27.1.3 when my plugins were compatible.

Neigdoig

Which plugins do you use? I only use one, that being this: OBS iOS Camera Source

I just install the Focal package into my home directory, run unzip plugin-ubuntu-20.04.zip, and it unpackes the plugin where it needs to go (the iOS app for it is $16 if I recall correctly, so you will need to purchase that if you have an iPhone 6 or newer/any iPad from 2016 or newer).

MadMartian

I was using a fork of OBS Background Removal. It looks like the plug-in would have to be updated to support v28, if at all possible the most time-efficient solution would be to locate the OBS v27 focal package until such time the plug-in is updated.