Weird stutter using NVENC NEW

rockstopper

So I've been using NVENC NEW with my 2070 super and it's simply great. I notice no fps drops in game and it takes the load off my Ryzen 2700x. The issue is that I noticed when I watch the VODs of my streams back that it will constantly stutter when there is a HUGE shift in fps. Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

Example here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/673044848

I know that it's because of the fps shift because I'm not capping my fps and whenever you see me go into a loot stash or a menu that takes up the entire screen you see the stutter shortly after. Whenever I'm in one of those situations where it's only showing essentially a jpg image on screen the fps is skyrocketing because it's looking at nothing else. Then when I leave those menus it obviously is going way back down to whatever it's normal value is.

nvenc-sett.png

rockstopper

Bump, capped my fps at 300 even and it didn't make a difference. Is it possible that it's just the game I'm playing? "Stalker Anomaly Mod" Or would this be an issue with other games as well? Also this stutter that is only seen on stream is the ONLY reason I can't continue to use it. Otherwise it was working extremely well.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer