Question / Help Webcam Not showing on Startup

Suslik V

Try to setup all this stuff manually, in 'Video Capture Device' properties:

resolution: 640x480
fps: 30.00
video format: I420

And make sure, that your cam is not disabled by power saving option of the system itself.

Any changes?

dynomation

Ok the real problem was apparently the scene collection. When i created a new scene collection in portable, because it did so by default, the webcam worked but when i switched to the old one, it didn't. Weird.

Zamiel

I'm having the exact same bug, it is my scene that is causing it. How can I upload my scenes file here so that the developers can replicate the bug for debugging purposes?

Zamiel

Bump x3. Is there any way that I can upload my scene file that reproduces the bug so that the devs can take a look?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Bump x3. Is there any way that I can upload my scene file that reproduces the bug so that the devs can take a look?

Click the "Upload a File" button seen below the posting box. Choose your scene file. Submit the post.
kQJmcub.png

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS Studio stores its user data in "%AppData%\obs-studio". From there, scene data is stored in JSON files in the "basic\scenes" directory.

Since you said that the problem only occurs in your old scene and not your new scene, the scene data is probably what you want to look at. We shouldn't need to see the profile data, but since @Suslik V mentioned it...

Profile data is located in "basic\profiles". As @Suslik V said, OBS Studio profiles can contain sensitive data such as your streaming key, so be sure to remove that before uploading profile data.

Zamiel

Here is the bugged scene:

http://pastebin.com/6yzxLF2n

To be perfectly clear:
Upon first startup, if this scene is selected, the webcam will NOT show up. If you right click Webcam source in the "Sources" box and select properties, THEN the webcam will show up and be selectable.

The webcam is a Logitech HD C310.

This SHOULD be reproducible from a virgin OBS Studio with no custom profile settings.

Let me know if this bug is not reproducible, and I will post my specific profile files.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't have a webcam, let alone the specific model you're using, so I can't really test it.

Brainyac

I got the same problem but no response from any mods/admins yet. (Logitech C920)

Also tried some things but didn't find a workaround yet. Just going into the Settings of the cam and click ok.

Last edited: