Question / Help Webcam async

Diino

first sorry for my bad english :D
my problem is i try to record with facecam but my webcam has a delay of 1-2 seconds so when i say hello my mouth moves 1-2 secs later
my mic is a T-Bone SC440 and my web cam is a Logitech Pro HD C910
any help?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Seems unusual for a webcam to have that happen. Does the webcam video come after your mic audio, or does the mic audio come after the video? I'm assuming it'll probably the former, not latter.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hm, okay. Then the webcam itself is delayed. Unusual for a C910. 1-2 seconds is even more unusual. I'm not sure what to do about it yet -- I have a C920 which is the one right above your model, and it's instant for me, so I'm not sure what's going on yet.

Lenwe

Hi Jim

I also have a C920 but it's delayed while streaming, sometimes 2-5 seconds. When not streaming, it's nearly instant. I'm using OBS 0.10.1 and no specific drivers for the C920 (I just plugged it in and it works).

The webcam is connected to the Mac via a USB 3 hub (with my USB mic and mouse) and I have an Avermedia LGP connected on the other USB3 port but I assume the bandwidth should be large enough to support all this stuff... Any idea ?