Web capture intermittently working

sam_gordon

First, if this is a double post, I apologize, I thought I had typed it up, but now I can't find it.

I use OBS to stream HS Soccer games. For the "score bug", I've set up a web capture on a google sheets file. If I update the google sheets, the score gets updated (usually within ~5 seconds). This worked great for ~10 games. Then, one game, we start the game, a goal gets scored, I update the google sheet, wait a couple of seconds, and nothing. Wait a little longer (probably close to 30 seconds), and nothing.

I go to the properties of that web capture, and the "preview" screen still shows 0's. I blank the URL, save, paste the URL, save, and the score gets updated. That works for the rest of the game (even on other scenes).

The next day, while I'm at home (all games are connected via mifi device), I launch OBS, confirm the score, and everything works. I change the score, and things update. OK, weird. At the next game, I confirm OBS is seeing 0's, start the game, goal gets scored, update the google sheets, and nothing. This has now happened for multiple games. Blanking the URL, saving, then pasting the URL and saving seems to fix it.

For last night's game, before I start the stream, I update the google sheet, and see the change in OBS. I then start the stream. First goal, update Google sheet, and OBS doesn't update. I blank the URL and everything works for the rest of the game.

I can't imagine this being a firewall issue (at least on the PC), because the problem only happens when I'm connected via Mifi, on home & business networks, things update fine. If it was a bandwidth issue, why does it work once I clear the URL and paste it again?

Sorry, I don't have a log file from when the problem happened.

Any ideas? Oh, and it is the same google sheet I've used for all games. I thought about creating a new one, but I have home & visitor scores on 7 scenes, and 13 captures for when we go to a shootout in case of a tie.

We have at least two games left, but once we hit that second one, if we lose, we're done, so I don't really want to change how I do things. For next year, I hope to use Scoreboard OCR or some other solution. But my way is cheap ($0).

Thanks in advance.