Question / Help WavTap makes weird static

kitcatbass

Hey guys,

Apologies if this has already been addressed in another post.

I used wav tap the other day to capture my audio and output it during my stream however I could hear, while monitoring my audio, I can hear a weird popping and static coming from the entire system.

I'm still not sure what is going on with wavtap.

Has anyone experienced this?

Cheers everyone!

Jared Rolf

I'm having the same issue I believe. I'm sure you're aware that WavTap alone can record desktop audio for OBS, but the sound itself isn't transmitted to the person. When combining the default sound output (headphone port for me) and WavTap through Soundflower, I have a Multi-Output aggregate device. This device, when selected emits a subtle static whenever desktop audio is audible. If you could instruct me on how to post a log, I'd be more than happy to do so.

NateSnowstorm

I've had the same problem, and to fix it, all I need to do is unplug my headphones, delete the audio-midi device, plug headphones back in, and re-add the device. I have no idea why it does this, but I think it's just an issue with audio-midi setup that de-syncs the audio when you unplug your headphones, so you'd need to re-add everything.