Question / Help War Thunder No Source

Greenlemon

Hi there, so I just set up my Twitch account and downloaded OBS. In the OBS settings, I am at the stage in which I select Game Capture, and select the Source but War Thunder is not appearing as a source. How do I resolve this issue? I know from the PC forums it says run as Administrator but I believe that is PC specific.

- Thanks

amsyar ZeRo

Hi there, so I just set up my Twitch account and downloaded OBS. In the OBS settings, I am at the stage in which I select Game Capture, and select the Source but War Thunder is not appearing as a source. How do I resolve this issue? I know from the PC forums it says run as Administrator but I believe that is PC specific.

- Thanks

I'm assuming you're a beginner to all of these.First of all,did you notice that you have two apps instead of one?OBS & SyphonInject,right?

The app is used to inject Syphon into the app to be captured into OBS(technically,you don't have to remember this).

The steps:
1.Open up the game and OBS(You cannot close the game)
2a.Make a Game Capture scene.
or
2b.Right-click a Game Capture scene you have created,and click 'Properties'
3.Click 'Launch SyphonInject'.The app will open.
4.Search for your game in SyphonInject,click it and click Inject.Close the app.
5.In the 'Sources' section,pick your app(It should appear)

Happy Gaming!!ヽ(◕ヮ◕)ノ

Greenlemon

I'm assuming you're a beginner to all of these.First of all,did you notice that you have two apps instead of one?OBS & SyphonInject,right?

The app is used to inject Syphon into the app to be captured into OBS(technically,you don't have to remember this).

The steps:
1.Open up the game and OBS(You cannot close the game)
2a.Make a Game Capture scene.
or
2b.Right-click a Game Capture scene you have created,and click 'Properties'
3.Click 'Launch SyphonInject'.The app will open.
4.Search for your game in SyphonInject,click it and click Inject.Close the app.
5.In the 'Sources' section,pick your app(It should appear)

Happy Gaming!!ヽ(◕ヮ◕)ノ
I followed all your steps, and I check the box Inject below the Launch SyphonInject, and once Syphon opened up I selected War Thunder and clicked Inject, and then I closed out of SyphonInject and went back to OBS to select the Source but there were still no sources to select.

I can upload a video of what I am doing if needed.

EDIT: Ok, scratch what I said earlier, I clicked the Inject box instead, and then selected from the Drop down menu War Thunder, and and so it finds the source. But, the video stream is all black but I can hear what Im saying into the microphone.

EDIT: Ok, so now since I selected the Inject checkbox, and selected War Thunder from the drop down menu I go back up to the Source option above the Inject box and select it from that Drop down menu, and it works. Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: Quick question, am I able to have it so the people watching my livestream can hear me on the mic and the other people in my Teamspeak 3 channel?

Last edited: