Want a simple hotkey: next scene

jgclark

I build church services using OBS, and today I have 20 or so scenes set up. Creating hotkeys to switch to a particular scene doesn't scale to this level. Surely there is a way to set a 'next scene' shortcut, but I can't find it. What would it take to create a resource to make that possible? I don't know OBS's architecture at all yet. Thanks.

rlcmedia

Just a suggestion for now. What I do is set the scenes up in the order of the service with the exception of the camera controls (we have 2 cameras) which I keep at the top of the list. Make sure you are in Studio mode so you see the preview of your next scene. Click down the list as the service progresses. You can also save your scenes under Scene Collections or Profile (we do a traditional service and a contemporary service) as well. I am trying to see if I can get the HotKeys to change the camera angle at the same time. Best wishes.

shanemaker

A "follow action" would solve it. Just select which scene should come after the scene you are on. I don't know how to write it and I am new here . But in music looping follow action is very useful. It would be in OBS also.

Preacher Al

Yes agreed a next scene hot-key would really help. I don't have a team to stream our services, so I am prerecording at home then posting at the time of the actual service. It would simplify things greatly to just to a CTRL+ command to move to the next scene

SimonGZ

I built pretty much exactly this for myself.

It just goes in order of the scene list. It works for me but I haven’t tested it extensively.

Advansys

@SimonGZ, thank you very much for creating this script, very useful. I tried it briefly to manage a long list of scenes and also tied the hotkey sequence into Touch Portal. This way I could have easy access to an esoteric key sequence because I found that certain simple hotkey choices didn't operate as expected. I haven't yet done any troubleshooting to identify the key behavior issue.

What I may do is look at extending the script so you can have [start] and [stop] entry to encapsulate a target list of scenes so it won't go past either the start or end of a subset of scenes within a longer list. If I do get around to it, in case it is of interest to others, I'll let you know.