Vst/Guitar pedals issue with OBS

Simonjaysus

Hi there,

I've had numerous problems trying to get my vst and guitar pedals to work in obs.

I have guitar and microphone going into a behringer UMC22, then connected to macbook via usb.
When i add vst's in obs they work (im monitoring from the preamp) and the guitar pedals also work (it sounds great).
But when i go to record/stream, the effects are not picked up and its just normal/bad audio.

Is there any way of fixing this? I've been tinkering for 3 days and im starting to lose my mind.

Thanks

Simonjaysus

quick update:

the vst's seem to be working in obs, but my pedal effects are still no recording. I can hear them in the audio (headphones) but when recorded they are absent.. Really puzzled by this and really hoping to fix it, if anyone knows?

Simonjaysus

update update (sorry for the updates)

I got both vst plug ins and guitar pedals working! But now i have latency issues (only slight but enough to not be able to direct monitor or listen on headphones)

Any solution to this? (latency issues was my original problem and not sure how exactly i fixed it - could it be the vst's creating latency problems?)

Deano123

Hi Simon,

Can you tell me how you got your reverb pedal working with OBS please? I’m still having the issue where I can hear the reverb in my headphones but the reverb isn’t being picked up by OBS for the stream.