Question / Help Volume from Mixer in OBS

xbln

My Yamaha mixer sounds fine through the Live365 stream, but I simulcast through OBS to restroom.io and Facebook, and on all other platforms the volume is way too quiet. I've maxed out volume in OBS at the volume level slider at the bottom. I've read about a million similar problems for this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

xbln

I guess that sort of worked? I don't know... I still feel it should just work. I'm pretty sure though after doing some experimenting over the last 12 hours that audio coming from phone apps are more compressed and maximized than their desktop version counterparts, such as Facebook live for example. Volume sounds much louder on the mobile apps regardless of volume level, it seems like.

Narcogen

Where's your audio coming from? What are the peak and average points on the meters while streaming?

xbln

The audio is coming from the Yamaha MG12XU. It's connected to the computer via USB. When streaming to LIVE365, the audio sounds good, maximized, and compressed well. Through OBS, it sounds quiet, but after the GAIN filter yesterday, things are a bit better but I still don't think there should be input calibration differences amongst audio software platforms. There should just be a standard that all these different software pieces adjust to.

Narcogen

I would guess that whatever software you are using to stream to LIVE365 is doing automatic gain control of its own, then.

xbln

I would guess that whatever software you are using to stream to LIVE365 is doing automatic gain control of its own, then.
I've looked into this. It doesn't. And I'm only using the traditional BUTT encoder for that.