Bug Report vlc_source when running multi and portable shows wrong image

apsilva

hi,
I successfully compile obs in ubuntu 16.04 to have portable mode, obs1 running in dir obs1, and obs2 running on a different dir obs2.
obs1 with only one configured source video1
obs2 with only one configured source video2
Now i can run multiple instances of obs each one with different video source using vlc plugin. My command line is:
./obs -multi --portable

My issue is that from time to time (randomly) when i open the two the source video from obs1 is reproduced in obs2 and vice-versa. Other times while running, the video that is display in obs is constantly changing from video1 to video2, until it gets stable but the video displayed in obs2 is the video1, and on obs1 is also playing video1.

I don't know why, since the video source address are different, somehow they are sharing configuration/plugins!?
the log file is not showing anything related to each others source video.

attach output when this happen.

How can i solve this? is this a bug or is simple not supported?

Thanks,
António

Attachments

• obs1.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 13
  • obs2.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 10

Narcogen

Pretty sure running multiple instances is not supported.

In the past I did briefly have a setup with two instances that worked, but in this case I was using different versions of OBS, not just different portable installs.

apsilva

hi Narcogen, thanks for the reply.

It looks a bug in vlc, i open two instance of vlc player with the different video sources and in vlc it does the same, the video is switching between the two process.

finally, I make it work using ffmpeg plugin, but i had to downgrade the obs version to 17.0.2 because the current version 21.0.2 introduces a huge delay and "slow motion" effect on the video capture from the remote source. I post a different issue so the dev team can take a look at the logs if it helps to solve the issue.

Regards,
António