Question / Help "VJ" workflow

Ahoy! First and foremost, I know that OBSs main goal is to make streaming easy and simple. But I am thinking, that this software can be used as a simple VJ tool. Therefore I have some questions and ideas to lay down. Today I've played around with OBS and it seems, that it can do what I need it to do - which is to play multiple scenes filled with multiple sources and to switch between these sources. My plan is to set up multiple scenes which every one of them will have one theme and will contain video files corresponding to this theme. I want these sources to lay over each other and I will simply just show/hide these sources one by one. I will for sure make order in these files, so I will be able to navigate trough them more easily. Now time for some questions:

1. Can I change multiple sources preferences at once? Meaning - is it possible to batch change for example loop on/off of multiple sources? Or to change screen alignment?
2. Could there be some problems I'll be facing when playing videos live from OBS trough video projector?
3. Some other tips or recommendations for another software which will suit me more? (I need a free software to use, because I can't afford professional VJ software)

Thank you!