Bug Report Virus in Test Build [mod edit: definitely false]

Kosai106

Hi OBS community,

So, a friend of mine installed the 0.10.1 test build last night, and as it turns out, a virus came along with it.
Now, the thread from which the file was downloaded looks legit enough. This one.

The virus was named: LuckyCoupon, and it injects ads into the browser as well as it turns random words into sponsor links. Even if you have AdBlock installed.

We know it came with the OBS test build, as that was the only install that day, and the virus wasn't present previously. Please note, the virus laid idle with no symptoms until after a reboot 1 and a half day after the install date.

Oh, and lastly; I'm writing this thread on behalf of said friend simply because I just so happened to already have an account here. He's lazy like that.

But please, anyone who downloaded the test build, please scan your computers. And OBS crew, please double check the uploaded files.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Incorrect, I built the installer myself, manually, and the link provided is directly to github, and is the same exact file I myself uploaded. I did not include any such thing with it, nor would I unless I wanted to completely (and idiotically) alienate all of my users.

Where ever your friend got that, it absolutely wasn't from our files.

Kosai106

I believe you Jim, but I'm simply passing on what I've been told. And seeing as it was the only install made that day, makes it seem as if the virus came from here.

Alas, the virus is gone. Simply wanted to notify you in case it actually came from here.

Cheers.