Virtual Camera OBS Studio 28. Button removal question.

Jerry Mander

I understand the incompatibility of the virtual camera issue and I am fine with learning how to use the alternate filter. My question is, can I remove the visible button "virtual camera" that remains in the bottom right stack above the "studio" button. Why keep it if there is no more support for it? I tried removing loopback but that did not remove the graphical button. Even though that is what I installed to make it show up in the first place. I am using Linux Zubuntu. Not sure how or where to find the log file to attach.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-10-02 23-52-58.png
    Screenshot from 2022-10-02 23-52-58.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 41

Tuna

That is the build-in virtual camera support. That is the only supported way a virtual camera is currently provided. It the v4l2loopback module is available this button will show.

Jerry Mander

I read in the OBS notes that this plugin is not supported in OBS 28 and indeed after updating to 28.0.3, it does not work. Just takes up space. I would like it to work like it did in 27, if not, would like to see the button removed. It is misleading to leave it there if OBS is saying it is not compatible.