Virtual Audio Cables

IanWarren

Hi there,

In an attempt to get smoother video playback in Zoom, I'm trialing OBS virtual camera.
When I put my media source into OBS, a new audio channel is created for that media source.
How do I route the direct output of that media source into Zoom using Virtual Audio Cables?

Alternatively, if you have an easier solution for smooth video playback in Zoom then please let me know.

I'd be really grateful for any insights.

Cheers,
Ian

I use NDI's Virtual input for zoom. It covers both virtual Video and Audio inputs all in one. I have had no problems with it, and the zoom feed comes in very high quality and almost no delay or lag whatsoever. I highly recommend it. The only downside is that it is quite complicated to set up. Here is a helpful video on how I have my OBS set up for Zoom. The built in OBS virtual video feature seems to be too buggy for my liking. This just works a lot better for me:

bxm83

I use NDI's Virtual input for zoom. It covers both virtual Video and Audio inputs all in one. I have had no problems with it, and the zoom feed comes in very high quality and almost no delay or lag whatsoever. I highly recommend it. The only downside is that it is quite complicated to set up. Here is a helpful video on how I have my OBS set up for Zoom. The built in OBS virtual video feature seems to be too buggy for my liking. This just works a lot better for me:

I dont understand why he is running the monitor at the same time. You just need the input on and it will show up in zoom/meet. Thats how I use it.

I dont understand why he is running the monitor at the same time. You just need the input on and it will show up in zoom/meet. Thats how I use it.

Yes using the video monitor is not necessary. It is just an added step that helps you troubleshoot if something isn't going right. If everything works fine, you do not need to use the video monitor

val_saucedo

I am posting because of coursework for OBS with TCEA. I am new to OBS and thought the virtual audio cables to be helpful. I will try NDI's Virtual input for Zoom.