Question / Help Videos not completely remuxing?

Michael Hidalgo

I've been recording through OBS MP for awhile now and every other video it seems like videos just don't remux properly causing me to lose a ton of footage. I record to mkv and remux to mp4. I've been recording a lot of console lately (PS4/Switch) and it seems to be every other video where remux won't work. It will remux the first 10 mins of a 1 hour video and then the rest is unrecoverable. Am I the only one experiencing this? I've tried to replicate the problem but haven't been able too. I also wasn't able to find a solution to the problem. My method of recording is the same throughout: record my video (could be 30 mins - 1hr) and then remux as soon as it's done saving. 50% of the time it remuxs fine and the other 50% seem to just remux parts of the video. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I've checked and my hard drive isn't full, I have about 1tb+ left and file sizes are around 32gbs per video.

I've uploaded my log file for reference.

Attachments

• 2018-02-21 15-35-02.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 28

natecombsmedia

Idk if this will help anyone, but I experienced the same thing and was able to undo the error by using the exact original file with the original timestamp in the original location.

Basically, I recorded a bunch of videos, forgot they were mkv, moved them to an external drive, then tried to remux there. No luck. I tried moving them back to the drive they were recorded on, but still only got partial results. I deleted all those and hit restore in the trash on the ones with the earliest timestamp since I had already thrown them away, and it worked for all three thankfully.