Videos above 60fps do not create output file, cannot stop recording.

Corphs

I had this problem is Streamlabs OBS and found no solution, so I moved to OBS studio and found it did the same thing. This might suggest my computer is the problem, but that seems unlikely because a stress test of my GPU did great, and when it does work its completely fine, also I was able to record at extremely high FPS rates with little issue at random times. When I say random times, this issue doesn't occur all the time, just most of the time.

Basically, when recording in 60fps it works perfectly, no matter what other settings I choose. If I pick x264, I can record at high fps rates too, I mean its very heavy on my CPU but the issue does not occur. When I pick NVENC, this issue does occur. I tried NVENC new and old on streamlabs, and NVENC on OBS does the same thing.

Basically what happens is that sometimes the output file is not created, and when this happens I cannot stop the recording either, I have to force close the program, and it does not save the file either. I tried switching to MKV too. Same thing.

I have a Ryzen 2600 and a Nvidia 2600. I truly think it has to do with OBS, but if it does have to do with my PC its probably the GPU, which doesn't make sense because the stress test went great, its only at 46% when recording at 120FPS, and I recently reinstalled the driver. What makes me sure it isn't that the computer simply cannot handle a high framerate is that I know someone with every single component worse than mine who can record at 360FPS, and that I can do the same using x264.

I saw someone with the same issue and tried everything suggested. Nothing seems to fix it. It is just weird to me that it works randomly somtimes and not others. I have tried reinstalling both OBS and Streamlabs, clearing the cache, signing out, restarting my pc, replugging the GPU cable, checking to see if my pc was working fine, always ran the program as admin, played with settings ALOT. Alot of things fix it, but only for like one recording, or for one session of OBS being open.

The thing that makes me most confused about this is that it does not create the file at all. it isnt that it cant handle it, it just does not create the file. I also do not think its my harddrive because it does the same thing on the harddrive and the SSD, and both did fine under tests. Also, even when recording at 61 FPS it acts completely differently than 60FPS. If anyone could help with this that would be a blessing.

Corphs

If this makes anything make more sense, when I do not touch obs for a while it will usually record one video in 120fps, but when I stop it and record another it doesn't work.

alexitx

I've experienced similar thing before, but I don't know what the cause is exactly. I'm may be wrong, but I believe it's some race condition causing the recording to not finish properly when stopping. 2855 might have something to do with it, NVENC also has some weirdness at framerates above 60.
Issues like this tend to happen less often when recording on a high speed NVMe SSD with plenty of system resources always available. Even though I have ~2.5 GB/s r/w NVMe and a 1070 I've recorded at 240 FPS before without issues, but 120 sometimes stops and dies completely

Corphs

Thanks for replying! I changed my audio tracks down to 2 and the issue still happened. However, upon changing it to 1, it doesn't do the issue! This is very exciting. The problem is, well obviously, that I can't record my mic audio and game audio on separate tracks. My question is: is there any software that allows me to record audio output sounds of a specific application? Does voicemeter have something that can do that? This way I could record discord sounds and game sounds separately, AND listen to music while recording, with no issues. In other words it would solve three problems in one.