Bug Report Video stutters frequently

Mart Simon

I stream sports events with obs and I love this peace of software and your work.
My live signal comes from a Blackmagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder via the blackmagic input source of obs.
With version 0.12.0 all works fine. With all versions above the video stutters frequently. I think every second. Its not a problem of the encoding, I can see it in the preview window also.
I need the feature to update image source, if image file has changed. It is not included in 0.12.0 so I compiled (some months ago) my own version from source at the point, my needed feature was committed and with this version I had no problems. But I dont have this version anymore. :( If I now revert to the same point and compile the sofware, the problem still exists. So it is possible, that it is not a problem of the obs source.
Can someone point me to the right direction? Are released versions of obs mp linked against other versions of third party libs after 0.12.0?

Mart Simon

Tested it on Windows and experimented a while. Now I don't know, why i was thinking i had it working in the past.
It's definitly the image source plugin. In the moment, the changed image (in my situation its frequently because I change images frequently) is loaded the whole video stands for fraction of a second.
Can someone please check this back ... and find a solution?

Yanko Art

I am also having this issue - I use the UltraStudio Mini Recorder to convert the feed out of my Video Switcher to be displayed on OBS - however the display shows a constant stutter every 1sec or so. I hope someone can get back to us on this one

When I use the Mini Recorder to capture with BlackMagic Media Express, there is no stutter at all - being that this software captures at a higher compressed format, I don't think the problem comes from the hardware, nor my Laptop. The reason I prefer to use OBS is because we are looking into streaming our event content, and also it has our preferred video formats (MP4).

Thanks for your time

Last edited: