Video source playback

I noticed the video source playback implementation is in a way that resembles video source as global source in OBS (non-multiplatform). What this means is that videos added to scenes as video sources keep playing no matter in which scene you are and no matter if this scene has the video as a source in it.

I didn't have the time to investigate whether videos actually keep playing (and by that using up resources) or if they just continue playing from the time they were at when last displayed.

No matter if they play continuously or pause and then resume when returning to the video: this prevents videos to be started after scene switch which is kind of a big deal for me.
Imagine a scenario where you switch from an endlessly looping pre-stream footage to an intro scene (intro video including sound playing from the start) then to your main stream and before going offline switching to an outro animation (including sound) which should run one time from the start like the intro animation. Add to this a pause scene where a pause video endlessly loops but is supposed to start it it's beginning.
I hope I'm making sense here.

I tried to find an option to start video sources at the beginning when switching to that scene, but couldn't find one.

Is this working as intended?