Question / Help video output

propixx

how can i disable the video output
ender settings video settings ?
Schermafbeelding 2017-08-26 om 19.23.08.png
Schermafbeelding 2017-08-26 om 19.23.08.png

Narcogen

You can't change video settings while recording or streaming. You disable the output by stopping the streaming and/or recording, then adjusting the values in the video settings page.

propixx

You can't change video settings while recording or streaming. You disable the output by stopping the streaming and/or recording, then adjusting the values in the video settings page.
i have tried i try it on two systems one system (mac pro 2013) does not open obs the other (macbook 2010)Opens obs but can not do video settings anymore Everything started after I installed Ndi's plugin

LaughterOnWater

I don't have the NDI plugin installed. I've unplugged all video cameras. Nothing is currently streaming. So I thought possibly, there is a plugin installed that is causing the grayed-out video settings issue. It turns out I have installed the virtual camera plugin. To deactivate the plugin, pull down from "Tools" to "VirtualCam" and press the "Stop" button. Close the dialog box with the "X" at the top. Don't press "Start".

Now, I can go to settings and edit my video settings.

It's possible a similar plugin in your "Tools" menu is causing the same issue. It may be a case of just finding the offending plugin and turning it off for a moment.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Narcogen

Not relevant here; the VirtualCam plugin is Windows-only.

Propixx, if you're on the latest OBS, downgrade NDI to 4.5.1, there is a conflict with the latest version (4.5.2).

LaughterOnWater

Not relevant here; the VirtualCam plugin is Windows-only. ... .
Hi Narcogen, thanks for your reply. It's not relevant to Propixx's needs, but I arrived at this thread from a google search because of his/her original post, which only asks how to disable video output on OBS. This will act as a reference for someone else who may come to this thread in the future seeking a solution for alternative plugins, even if it's not Propixx's solution.