Video not smooth even though I recorded it in 60fps

HungTDD

My videos don't look smooth at all even though when I play in game, I get more than 60fps, I get 120 fs on average and I record in 60fps on OBS. The audio also sounds VERY BAD.
I'm currently using a Razer Blade 15 Base Model with an RTX 2060, i7 Core, 16 GB RAM and a 1920x1080p display. My laptop seems pretty good but I don't understand why my videos are choppy and low quality. Is there a setting I should change?

Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r1RwM8iKmc&feature=youtu.be
These are my OBS settings:
1598322185820.png

1598322220658.png

Fitey

if you go on Youtube, right click on the video, and click "stats for nerds" you can see that the video is uploaded in 30 fps

make sure your editing software is in 60 fps

FerretBomb

We'd also need to see a logfile from a recording session to check what's going on, on the back end. If you're skipping frames due to GPU overload for example, you won't get a smooth video file.

One already-visible problem though. NEVER RECORD DIRECTLY TO MP4. It can cause MAJOR problems, ESPECIALLY with Premiere. Record to MKV and remux to MP4 after the recording is complete. There's a reason there's a BIG ORANGE WARNING MESSAGE (in your screenshot) that pops up when you choose to record to MP4. Don't.

That said, we can't offer support for Premiere here, it's out of scope. Plenty of YouTube tutorials out there going through the basics of project setup though, including how to set the project base framerate.

HungTDD

We'd also need to see a logfile from a recording session to check what's going on, on the back end. If you're skipping frames due to GPU overload for example, you won't get a smooth video file.

One already-visible problem though. NEVER RECORD DIRECTLY TO MP4. It can cause MAJOR problems, ESPECIALLY with Premiere. Record to MKV and remux to MP4 after the recording is complete. There's a reason there's a BIG ORANGE WARNING MESSAGE (in your screenshot) that pops up when you choose to record to MP4. Don't.

That said, we can't offer support for Premiere here, it's out of scope. Plenty of YouTube tutorials out there going through the basics of project setup though, including how to set the project base framerate.
How do I show the logfile?

HungTDD

Here's my logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/gCmp5AMqOvwD2F4T
How do I reduce GPU overload? And is there a way to improve the quality of my footage?

FerretBomb

You're running OBS on the iGPU instead of the discrete 2060. The iGPU is extremely easily overwhelmed, and will perform poorly.
You're using Display Capture, which should only ever be used as an absolute last resort. Use a Game Capture or Window Capture if possible, instead.
You're using multiple display captures, which should never be done, period.
You're recording to Full RGB range, which should not be done. (Switch it back to Partial unless you have a COMPLETE RGB production pipeline; if you don't know how to set the project framerate in Premiere, you absolutely have not set it up to handle Full range or color rollover correctly.)
You're running in mixed audio sampling mode (some sources at 48kHz, some at 44.1). Pick one and set EVERYTHING to that one sampling rate.

The logfile doesn't contain an actual recording session, so we can't check for performance during recording. You'll need to do another test-recording at least 30 seconds in length while actually playing a game and with your full recording setup running (so we see performance under actual load).