Video lagging when recording with OBS

laughter

Hi, i recently purchased a Asus Zenbook 13 Notebook for my son as he loves to record and upload Minecraft videos.

His notebook specs are:
Core i5 10th Gen
RAM 8GB
500 GB SSD

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

I've attached the log file.

In Minecraft windows 10 edition, i cant seem to find any setting to change the resolution, so i assume its using the standard default on screen, 1920x1080.

I've tried using Game capture and display capture options, but both haven't worked.

The video lags during the recording for both the facecam & mine craft, even though they seem to be working fine when actually playing.

would really appreciate help to fix this.

Attachments

• 2020-09-20 23-51-54.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 7

qhobbes

1. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. Run OBS as administrator. Right click on the shortcut and select that option or go to Properties, Shortcut tab, [Advanced...], check for "Run as administrator" [OK] [Apply] [OK] for permanent solution.
3. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio): 48000 Hz
Microphone Array (Realtek(R) Audio): 48000 Hz

To fix this, go to OBS Settings --> Audio --> General --> Set Sample Rate to 48 kHz [Apply [OK]
4. Use Game Capture for Minecraft (make sure OBS is running as admin). If that doesn't work at all, try Window Capture if he runs it in window mode. Display Capture should be last resort.
5. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as admin.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.