video lag in obs

shumcsgmedia

We have been streaming for a year and a half and all of a sudden there is a lag between the Sony xt70 camera to OBS via the camlink 4k. I have spent countless hours watching OBS tutorials and if my settings aren't correct, the earth ain't round...I started having problems when the YouTube streaming page changed a couple of weeks ago. First there was a problem of no sound. Got that fixed and now the video is lagging and choppy. Any ideas?

Lawrence_SoCal

In that year and a half, Windows has had LOTS of patches/fixes/features and breakages. The issue may not be OBS. Have you checked different camlink drivers and settings there? Have you tried recording locally and seeing if that is ok? if local recording ok, then most likely settings or functioning of either Internet or stream provider

shumcsgmedia

Thank you for your quick reply. However, with the help of my local computer doctor, I was able to get it fixed. It seems that I was running OBS 32-bit. After uninstalling every OBS file on the pc, I reinstalled the 64-bit version. That is all it took...well, not really. Starting from scratch now, but that's not a problem. Thanks again.