Video Interface freeze after 25 minutes streaming

faithpraise520

We have run into issues of our video interface camera and audio freezing, sometimes after a short period of time, other times after 25 minutes. It originally happened while I was both attempting to record and stream simultaneously, which I stopped doing in case it was too much strain. I've attached the log of our last instance.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020-07-26 08-01-17.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 6

qhobbes

1. If available, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections. If you have to use a wireless connection, please be aware that Killer's Firewall is known for it's poor performance and issues when trying to stream. Please download the driver pack from the vendor's page, completely uninstall all Killer NIC items and install their Driver only package. If you are still having issues then Follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues.
3. Run OBS as Admin.
4. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or auto remove from Advanced settings.
5. Your GPU is maxed out so OBS can't render scenes fast enough and the encoder is skipping frames. Uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning. Make sure your GeForce drivers are up-to-date.

faithpraise520

Thanks for the help! I did make the adjustments, and for today, we only recorded with no streaming. Even still, during our test record we had another freeze. Thankfully it worked perfectly during the service. I realized the camera out was 1080p, so I've since changed that to 720p, though I don't know if that was the issue. (I hadn't done that prior to the successful recording.) Please let me know any other changes I need to make.

Thanks!
Michelle

Attachments

• 2020-08-02 07-48-28.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 7

faithpraise520

Back again! Had another issue of the video feed freezing halfway through our recording. I still haven't tried streaming for fear it will happen. I'm not sure if it shows in the log. We've followed all the suggestions to the best of my knowledge.

Attachments

• 2020-08-23 08-11-08.txt
    19.2 KB · Views: 5

qhobbes

1. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Digital Audio Interface (UT-AUD 00k0504088): 48000 Hz
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode