Question / Help Video in stream freezes every 20-30 minutes.

simon_the_duck

The video is freezing and I can't find out where the root problem is. I see in the logs where the below error is showing and it is correlating with when the video freezes. What I don't know is what this means and how to mend. In advance, I appreciate all help and guidance!

I should clarify that 'PS4' is what I named the Elgato Hd60s in my scenes.

PS4: Video format match failed
PS4: Video configuration failed

Attachments

• 2019-04-10 19-57-32.txt
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
It's possible your USB hub is overloading, and therefore disconnecting, or the driver is doing something funky. If you haven't already, you should also try updating your Elgato drivers.

Get USBView from https://obsproject.com/downloads/usbview.zip to identify which hubs your devices are connected to. Move bandwidth-hungry devices like webcams and capture cards to separate hubs by switching their USB ports.

simon_the_duck

It's possible your USB hub is overloading, and therefore disconnecting, or the driver is doing something funky. If you haven't already, you should also try updating your Elgato drivers.

Get USBView from https://obsproject.com/downloads/usbview.zip to identify which hubs your devices are connected to. Move bandwidth-hungry devices like webcams and capture cards to separate hubs by switching their USB ports.
This helped a lot. Switched up the port for my camera and it didn't freeze once during about a 2 hour stream. It got laggy pretty bad in a couple of spots, but worked itself right through. The worst was during a subscription alert and a hosting alert so there was a lot going on. Thanks again, Wizard. Way to live up to the name ;-) If I sent the logs from last night, do you think it could give any signs as to why there was some lag sporadically?

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Glad that solved it! Unfortunately logs don't tend to provide much info on sporadic lag. Open the View -> Stats window (or use the Stats dock) to see if any of the lag occurs within OBS (encoding = cpu if you're using x264, rendering = gpu, dropped frames = network), and you can also open Task Manager in your operating system to see if CPU/GPU usage is causing any weirdness.

carlmmii

If the lag occurred during sub alerts, then that normally points toward your CPU/GPU being overloaded trying to render the extra browser activity. That's not going to be USB related.

I would definitely help to see the new logs, just to see if you're trying to use an encoding setting that's past what's comfortable for your system, or whether you might be running into rendering lag from GPU prioritization. The only thing that stands out from the previous logs is 2.2% dropped frames from bandwidth/network.

simon_the_duck

Didnt change anything and last night another stream and it was terrriibbbllleee. Maybe went 10 seconds without a lag 1 time..

Attachments

• 2019-04-06 10-31-36.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

carlmmii

Still shows that the only real problem it's having is bandwidth/connection stalls. So, good news.... your computer is running OBS fine. Bad news... your internet isn't able to keep up with your bitrate.

ginnjoose

This shit happens to me on an Elgato Camlink (and the $20 amazon knock off I tried), when I'm NOT even broadcasting.