Question / Help Video glitching in GZDoom - OBS or GZDoom issue?

JPL

Hi, I've been streaming some Doom with OBS using the GZDoom source port, and haven't been able to figure out why these flickering artifacts happen when the game is running full screen... see the 16:40 mark in this video for an example:

https://youtu.be/iFOZR8CzIS4?t=16m41s

Oddly, it only happens in outdoor areas, so on the one hand this may be GZDoom doing something bad that exposes the problem in OBS, or on the other hand maybe it's something OBS should detect and fix... I don't actualy know, so I'm asking here first. Has anyone seen artifacts like this before? I can provide whatever information is needed, I even know a bit about how GZDoom's OpenGL rendering works. If it starts to seem like a GZDoom bug I can post about it on the ZDoom forums, just want to determine that first.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If it's something you see and it only happens while obs is capturing, then I would sort of suspect it's a driver issue. Not sure though, couldn't even really hypothesize beyond that.

Last edited:

JPL

Sorry, I should've been clearer... that visual glitch only shows up in the captured streamed output, I do not see it on screen while I'm playing.