Video glitches with my M1 Pro and Elgato 4k Stick

xedthecreative

Hello everyone,
I'm posting on the forum because I'm having a lot of problems with my setup and would like to understand what to improve and how to optimise everything to make it run smoothly. My need is very simple, I create videos for social so I need to record the video stream coming in from my Sony ZV-E10 (mostly 4K 25fps) connected to the Mac via an Elgato 4k Stick and the audio coming in from Loopback, where I feed the microphone and the audio coming in from some software like Logic Pro or other music software. The goal is to record directly on the PC so that I don't have to remove the SD card every time and don't have to mix the audio recorded on other tools.

What happens is that in a rather random manner, the video starts to glitch, as if it were losing frames, which is not reported on the application, the result being that the film very often has lag, which is unacceptable given the adequate power of the machine and the simplicity of the configuration. Often, and completely randomly, if I unplug the recording and restart the software, the problem resolves itself for some time.

Checking the system monitoring, the CPU never exceeds 15/20% when using the software. I attach the OBS logs, so maybe someone can help me out.

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    42.4 KB · Views: 4