Question / Help video desyncs from audio

Chris McCarthy

hello! my video is desynced from my audio by at least a few seconds, and this has been a recurring issue over the last few months that i've been streaming to twitch, but last night was pretty bad. the audio comes in nice and clear. here is my log file from last night's stream:

https://gist.github.com/2c08214ba22f86c7361684cfe1a7b539

my guess is that my macbook pro 13" is not powerful enough to handle everything that is required of it to sync up properly. also, last night was also the first night i tried streaming with a razer kiyo instead of my laptop camera. thank you in advance!!

Chris McCarthy

Gotcha. I think I found what you're requesting! This is my log from last night's stream. Hope this is the right thing.

Attachments

• 2018-01-23 22-21-23.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 4

Narcogen

Your log does show some frames being dropped, but a fairly small number-- less than one half of one percent.

Does the audio start out of sync by a certain amount, and stay that way-- or does it start in sync and then drift?

Chris McCarthy

I'm basing this off my viewer's perspective, and from what I understand one of two scenarios occur:

1. Starting in sync then drift
2. Choppy video while maintaining consistent audio (which is why I think it might be my computer not being powerful enough).