Question / Help Video Delay Issue

OBSUserguy

I use OBS on my iMac to stream to twitch. The Game audio/video is sync'd great. The microphone audio is not delayed either...but the video from the built in camera is delayed way behind the rest of the stream. Can't find any adjustments for syncing this together. Any Help? Thanks!

Manticor

If you try changing the resolution while in OBS, there will be delay. Find the resolution you want, scale and position it, quit OBS, then open and...it should now be in sync! I don't use a webcam so I'm not sure if it delays over a long period of time.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
These issues should be fixed in the next version, which will be released when the build server is back up or if that takes too long, when I compile it myself.

cherrybrola

If you try changing the resolution while in OBS, there will be delay. Find the resolution you want, scale and position it, quit OBS, then open and...it should now be in sync! I don't use a webcam so I'm not sure if it delays over a long period of time.
Ya it tends to happen if its been running awhile

pcgscorpion

what usually fixes it to me is i switch the scene to say my splash open page for a second then back to the scene with the WC and it syncs for a while, then slowly falls out until i swap scenes again.

OBSUserguy

Thanks for your replies! It's nice to have people share their experiences, so we can figure out a solution for everyone.

Brassmaster

I was excited to see the new version out to hopefully fix the issue and it is certainly better then before, but my webcam still slowly gets behind, but not by as much as before. here's a link to my past broadcast (twitch will delete it after a handful of days, so I can create a highlight if needed) to show what happens. at the start, its fine, but look at 40 minutes in and you'll see the delay. I killed the webcam after this for the rest of the broadcast. hopefully the cause can be found. I can believe it is possible it's not OBS, but the webcam, but you never know. I'm running on a late 2012 imac (first teardrop shape imacs) with 3.4 i7 processor and 16 gigs of RAM and 2 gig graphics RAM if that helps/is needed. webcam is a 2MP rocketfish webcam.

http://www.twitch.tv/brsmstr/b/623882046

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
That's not true that you're not a priority. I understand it may seem that way but that's really not the case, at least not intentionally.

So you guys are saying that the webcam just gets slowly more and more delayed? Is buffering off? It really should not be happening if buffering is off because when buffering is off it tells obs to play the frames as soon as they're received.

Or are you saying that this only happens when async delay is on?

Chris B Anilao

Jim

When I turn of buffering it seems to help. Maybe anyone else who has this issue can turn off buffering in "Video Capture Device" options.

ozzie a

My latency occurs when i record or stream, and it gets worse as minutes go by. Any fixes or settings for this?