Question / Help Video capture lags on OBS when using Elgato??

Heffty7

Hey,

Im fairly new to OBS and will hopefully start streaming on Twitch soon.

I am using my Elgato HD to capture my xbox game play on my Macbook Pro.

As OBS doesnt have the Elgato drivers on mac under 'game capture' I am using 'window capture' but the video is clear on Elgato software but lagging on OBS.

Iv been trying to fix this for days now but its really driving me crazy. Any help would be great and much appreciated.

My Macbook specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Thanks in advance for any help and support

Heffty7

Please if anyone can help with his I would really appreciate it. I tried display capture but doesn't seem to make much difference

Narcogen

Hey,

Im fairly new to OBS and will hopefully start streaming on Twitch soon.

I am using my Elgato HD to capture my xbox game play on my Macbook Pro.

As OBS doesnt have the Elgato drivers on mac under 'game capture' I am using 'window capture' but the video is clear on Elgato software but lagging on OBS.

Elgato does not provide standard MacOS drivers for their device, which is why you can only use their software. There is , as far as I know of, no solution for this, and the complaint has been posted by many, many users before.

Devices that use standard MacOS drivers like those from Magewell, Blackmagic, and AJA work much, much better. The Elgato will work fine under Windows.

The JayC323

Same issue and Elgato is sticking it to Mac users. Literally I have tried to find a workaround since Christmas for this problem since the elgato software is crap unless you have a super PC to run stream command even with all of the overlays off and webcam off just trying to use my stream labels my mac can't render 30 fps on youtube so I know the frustration.

Crawford7712

You have to use Display Capture on MAC.
You see it completely perfect once you switch to display capture.

~Follow me at Twitch.TV/Crawford7712~

ThePiPiper

Just got the Elgato HD as well and am using a 2013 Macbook Pro. While the Elgato displays perfectly to Game Capture HD, the video is extremely laggy in OBS. I am currently using the Elgato to stream a PS4, and before having the Elgato, I used PS4 remote play and would display capture off that fine. Is there any work around yet? Is it a setting with the Elgato Game Capture? Or something in OBS?

Narcogen

There is no workaround. The choices are using Elgato's software or screen capturing Elgato's software. To use OBS directly you need to either be using an Elgato CamLink or a capture device from a vendor that provides MacOS drivers or that operates as a standard video device.