Video and Audio filters

Could it be possible to make video and audio filters, such add the chroma key and noise gate, plugins instead of a mainline part of OBS? My thinking in this is that it would allow people to potentially develop them separately from OBS and then people could add them as they want. Hope I explained this well

Cheers

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
They are plugins. They are contained inside the obs-filters module. Developers are able to create new filters and release them as plugins already, and they will appear in the plugins list.

They are plugins. They are contained inside the obs-filters module. Developers are able to create new filters and release them as plugins already, and they will appear in the plugins list.
Thank you for the info. I had wrongly made the assumption that with how the current ones were a part of the source for OBS that they weren't plugins and had to be built with OBS instead of being able to be built separately

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS MP is largely designed to be pretty modular. Even things like RTMP output and game capture are plugins that just come with OBS by default.

OBS MP is largely designed to be pretty modular. Even things like RTMP output and game capture are plugins that just come with OBS by default.

very cool. well maybe I can tap some talented friends I know then to maybe write a lower thirds plugin for me... or maybe that would be a good thing to start a bounty on with the big thing being it must be linux compatible.