Question / Help Very laggy / choppy video - any ideas?

idlemichael

Hey there - apologies for what is probably a very noob query, but I'm trying to record some of my Binding of Isaac plays on my mac and while the gameplay is running smoothly enough, the video is incredibly choppy. I'm getting perhaps one frame per every two seconds and despite a lot of digging around, can't seem to find out why this is happening.

Here's the latest log - can someone with more skills let me know where I'm going wrong and what I should be doing to improve things?

A couple of other points:

1. I'm using an external HD to record on, newly formatted with plenty of space, so that shouldn't be an issue.
2. I saw a couple of folks suggesting that I disable the preview window when recording. Did so and nope, it was no better.

If anyone can suggest what I could do with my settings to get this sorted, I'd greatly appreciate the assistance!

- Michael

Attachments

• 2015-11-02 20-50-10.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 19

amsyar ZeRo

What is your FPS settings?And also what resolution do you want to output?720p or 1080p?Either way,put the scaled resolution(output resolution) at the resolution that u want.Hope it helps.