Version 28 broke ASIO plugin

CS Murphy

Man same here. Finally figured out how to send audio via reastream and now we have to wait for updates updates. I doubt reastream is going to get any love which is dissapointing.

thedeadpullshow

I can confirm OBS 28 broke the OBS ASIO plugin. This is bad because I use ASIO to bring in alternate channels off my Focusrite 18i20 which are only accessible via ASIO (for closed captioning/mic iso)

brainsss

I just created an account here to thank thedeadpullshow (it worked, ASIO plugin works again), and to tell CS Murphy to grab the .7z file from that github link, and extract the contents to your obs installation directlory.

CS Murphy

@brainsss How are you setting this up?

I still have no audio in OBS coming from Cubase. I was using Reastream but it's not working atm ever since the new update.

SD2200

@CS Murphy also creating an account after fixing the issue myself, I just used both the Application Audio Capture (BETA) AND reastream as a filter, works fine

trevorginn

The updated plugin works, however it is quite unstable. I also could not get it to use the USB1 Comm channel on my rodecaster pro II. As soon as OBS was opened with this plugin installed, USB1 Comm would cease to output sound to the system. When OBS was closed, the device would again work as expected. All other ASIO inputs worked . The plugin also often suddenly dropped communication with OSB and my system would require a full reboot before OSB would receive sound information again.

Polyh3dron

I have confirmed after using this for multiple streams that this has been stable for me for ASIO use: https://github.com/foxx1337/obs-asio/releases/tag/v3.1.2-bassasio

Can you please confirm the steps to install this? All I need to do is put the contents of the linked download into my obs-plugins/64-bit folder and then get the bassasio.dll file from the link in the included text file and also place that in the plugins folder, yes? I've done all of this and I'm not seeming to get any audio signal from my ASIO device.

Mark Weiss

I have the MOTU 896 Mk III Hybrid and used to be able to use the MOTU Wave for Windows devices in OBS, but that stopped working last summer and have been forced to use the ASIO plugin to have audio working again. OBS no longer supports wave for windows?

mahjong

Can you please confirm the steps to install this? All I need to do is put the contents of the linked download into my obs-plugins/64-bit folder and then get the bassasio.dll file from the link in the included text file and also place that in the plugins folder, yes? I've done all of this and I'm not seeming to get any audio signal from my ASIO device.
The 7zip file contains two folders, data and pluggins. Unpack then and just copy those folders over the OBS instalaion directory, in my case: C:\Program Files\obs-studio

Once you did that restart OBS.

Done.