Version 26 won't install

Sherratt

Hi.

Just trying to update to the latest version (26). Wouldn't update from the button on the dialog box when opening OBS. However, this is expected as I'm not running as administrator. Instead I downloaded the install file and attempted to run it as administrator. Hung on "Can't write: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\avutil-56.dll". Full output attached as text file. No log file was produced. Runining on Windows 8.1 with all updates.

Any idea why?

Thanks
Sherratt

Attachments

• Install v26.txt
    29.8 KB · Views: 25

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You likely have the virtual camera plugin installed and another application is using the files it requires. Close all other apps and try again.

Bidrohi

Hi.

Just trying to update to the latest version (26). Wouldn't update from the button on the dialog box when opening OBS. However, this is expected as I'm not running as administrator. Instead I downloaded the install file and attempted to run it as administrator. Hung on "Can't write: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\avutil-56.dll". Full output attached as text file. No log file was produced. Runining on Windows 8.1 with all updates.

Any idea why?

Thanks
Sherratt
Hi.

Any idea why?

Thanks
Sherratt

I am having the same issue. I have done the followings and still having the same issue.... "Can't write: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\avutil-56.dll"

-Unstill the previous version of OBS
-Restarted the laptop
-Closed all the apps
-Tried to install it again and it errors out on the same spot

Any idea what I should do next.

Bidrohi

It shows that avutil-56.dll is locked by Microsoft Teams even though Teams is not running. Any idea how to release the dll

Bidrohi

Just found couple process of MS Teams were running in the background. Killed those processes and rerun the install and it worked.

Sherratt

Thanks. I hadn't spotted the Teams connection. I quit Teams from the context menu and retried running the OBS setup. Worked this time! Restarted Teams and all is working fine.