Ver. 25 Window Capture behaves like Display Capture

celldata1

Hello... this has been driving me crazy but I figured out what the problem is. Now I need a fix. Ver. 25- New Window capture with the extra stuff to make it browser friendly, is now capturing drop down menus & displays outside of the window frame. It behaves just like display capture. Every menu I open gets shown or broadcasted whether I am streaming or not, and sometimes, the menus cover the window! Views get to see what I am doing, not what I am streaming.

The only way around it is to have the player window that I am capturing (VLC, Potplayer, MHC, etc.) to "always stay on top", so that the OBS broadcast window, and all other windows, pass behind the player. If player is on the top, then OBS captures only the player but it still shows the drop down menus. Otherwise, I get a mirror effect and multiple windows, just like with Display Capture. Frightening! Almost revealed my passwords to the world. : )

Did you know this? Is there a work around? Thanks for your help!

celldata1

Hello... this has been driving me crazy but I figured out what the problem is. Now I need a fix. Ver. 25- New Window capture with the extra stuff to make it browser friendly, is now capturing drop down menus & displays outside of the window frame. It behaves just like display capture. Every menu I open gets shown or broadcasted whether I am streaming or not, and sometimes, the menus cover the window! Views get to see what I am doing, not what I am streaming.

The only way around it is to have the player window that I am capturing (VLC, Potplayer, MHC, etc.) to "always stay on top", so that the OBS broadcast window, and all other windows, pass behind the player. If player is on the top, then OBS captures only the player but it still shows the drop down menus. Otherwise, I get a mirror effect and multiple windows, just like with Display Capture. Frightening! Almost revealed my passwords to the world. : )

Did you know this? Is there a
work around? Thanks for your help!

I found the solution. If you right click on the short cut, then properties, you will see a compatibility tab. Click on it and check "Run as administrator in this menu!" Then save. You will find that the window capture problems have resolved including, possible, a black screen!

Last edited: