Using the same Audio Output and Input on OBS and another application like telegram desktop

4hmed10

Hello guys, I am having trouble using the same mic for OBS and another application (telegram video call). Also I would like to output my telegram video call audio to one headphone while another output of the telegram video call and OBS monitor to another headphones. Are there any work around for this issue? Thanks!

AaronD

Those are two different sizes of the same idea. Pick the one that fits both what you're doing now, and what you're likely to do in the future.

When you install it, you also get some virtual speakers and virtual mics. Send audio from an app to one of those virtual speakers, and it appears as an input to VoiceMeeter. Then you can use VM to control it and send it to wherever you want. "A" outputs are physical, "B" outputs are virtual. Send it to a "B" output, and it appears in a virtual mic for OBS or any other app to pick up. Use different virtual devices for different apps, in both directions, and you have separate control and separate content.

If you're doing *some* audio work outside of OBS, then see if you can do *all* of the audio work outside of OBS. Having all of one thing in the same place makes it easier to manage. The mic, for example, can be a physical input to VM, alongside the virtual ones that come from various apps, and no other app uses the mic directly. They're all fed from VM.

4hmed10

Thank you for your help. I have downloaded the voicemeeter mixer; however, it is using a lot of my cpu. (I have an i9 13th gen processor). Do you know what could be the problem or the solution for it?

Thank you again for your help.

AaronD

Thank you for your help. I have downloaded the voicemeeter mixer; however, it is using a lot of my cpu. (I have an i9 13th gen processor). Do you know what could be the problem or the solution for it?

Thank you again for your help.
It should barely be noticeable on that CPU. Are you sure it's VoiceMeeter that's doing that?