Using Screen Capture or Window Capture slows the machine down a LOT.

nambona890

I'm using Nobara KDE 36 (a Fedora based distro) with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, and an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, with OBS Studio 28.0.0.
Whenever I attempt to use Display Capture, when just trying to capture one monitor it only shows a black screen with a cursor. However, when I capture the entire workspace, it does indeed capture, however the framerate of the computer plummets down to below 10 fps.
With Window Capture, how much the machine slows down seems to depend on the size of the window. However, for games I've been able to mitigate this with the obs-vkcapture plugin.
These issues happen even when not recording or streaming, so I highly doubt the encoder is the issue.
I'm aware of the obs-nvfbc plugin, but because of the removal of GLX code from the current version of OBS Studio it is impossible to use. Even trying to downgrade to OBS Studio 27.4.2 to be able to use it while compiling it seems to be impossible.

Last edited:

nambona890

So surprisingly, I actually solved the problem.
Either it was setting both of my monitors to 144hz instead of one of them being at 165hz, or it was switching from Wayland to X11, but Screen Capture and Window Capture appear to work flawlessly now.