Question / Help Using scarlet 2i2 audio interface, Catalina osx and no audio is going into OBS or recording it

elcaveman

Hello all:

I am running OBS studio from a new IMAC with Catalina OSX. I have a focusrite Scarlet 2i2 audio interface. It is probably the first one ever made. I can hear the audio on my monitor speakers running out of my Scarlet 2i2. I hear sound. But When I stream or record into OBS, no sound is being sent to OBS. The input levels are not showing in OBS at all. I select "input capture" Then select my Scarlet 2i2 audio interface. No audio goes into OBS. I even tried to go on the main settings even selected "mic/auxiliary Audio channel 1" and nothing. No audio goes into OBS.

I even went to MAc's system preferences and selected my scarlet 2i2 as input and output devices. And nothing goes into OBS. Video is fine but no audio is going into the OBS software. I am using the most current obs software. 24.0.6

I even downloaded that aggregate tool from "whiteshinybox" and added that into the audio capture box and I still cant get into audio into OBS. Please help.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• small screent shot 1.jpg
    small screent shot 1.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 58
  • smaller screen shot 2.jpg
    smaller screen shot 2.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 60

TheDuffaloe

Hi elcaveman,
I've been struggling myself using an M-Audio interface...and couldn't get OBS to find the audio. Then I stumbled across this vid after a couple of days of frustration. It worked for me. It seems that it's a problem with Catalina. Anyway , try out the steps in the vid and hopefully you will have the same luck as me. Let me know how you go. All the best. GL.