Using OBS with NGINX on a Mac... Help?

dangottesman

My apologies in advance if someone has already covered this on this forum, but I have been unable to find exactly what I'm looking for, so here we go.

My goal is pretty straightforward:

I would like to host my OBS stream from my own server (on my network), rather than sending it out to a CDN like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitch, etc.
Before you try to talk me out of it, understand that my intent is to share this stream with a small handful of trusted users, and I happen to have a solid enough internet connection (and hardware) to handle this.
I'd like for my viewers to be able to rewind back in time (for as long as they've been connected, ideally; if not, at least 20 or 30 minutes worth), and I'd like for the stream to be viewed in any old web browser - no dependence on VLC or an additional app.

From what I've researched thus far, the best tool for the job is NGINX. I've gotten it installed on my machine, and it's serving up the "welcome" page, which is a good start. I know I need to get RTMP and HLS set up, and I'm pretty sure that I need some sort of web-based player module (like video.js, maybe?) set up, and that's where I could use some help.
While my searching has been somewhat fruitful, I haven't been able to find anyone who's done what I'm trying to do on a Mac.

I'm no stranger to setting servers up and tweaking conf files, but this stuff is just enough over my head that I could use a few pointers.
Surely, someone out there has done something similar to what I'm after, no? And I'd imagine that there are others that'd be interested in doing something similar, as well.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!