using OBS with MyGica HD Cap X-II

wa4zlw

I just received this from Geniatech (we use them as a vendor for set-top boxes) and windows see the device and so does OBS but if I try to watch something OBS doesn't see anything coming in. I'm connected to the capture box with the micro USB windows saw the device and added it.
That am I doing wrong?
P.S> WIndows 10 21h! 32gb ram 8 cores 2.6 Ghz
Thanks leon

1625083040751.png

wa4zlw

i saw the sticky post and configured but still zip. this is a dell M4800 laptop with nvidia and intel have two external monitors along with the built-in panel. nothing happens with pressing either of those two buttons.

1625083921665.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The virtual camera is the output of OBS, you need to pick your actual capture device from the list.

wa4zlw

i've also tried to change to intel or nvidia and move the app to the other window that has a processor attached

I sometimes see a blue outline on the window and I sometimes see audio coming in too

wa4zlw

ok looks like ezcap driver is not installed I saw it installed somehow it is gone let me investigate

wa4zlw

the driver I installed (link in another post) seems to work but I am still not seeing anything or hearing anything

1625097981308.png

configure cross bar pops up a window but configure video does nothing.
so I'm stumped @R1CH

thanks leon

wa4zlw

just found the logs

Attachments

• 2021-06-30 20-10-02.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2021-06-30 20-00-37.txt
    15 KB · Views: 18

wa4zlw

it seems there's something funky with this driver. I'm in contact with the folks in China. As I get more info I'll post here @R1CH thanks

wa4zlw

worked with china end of last week and still zip. they sent me new firmware for the box and it does not upgrade. waiting on more from china.

wa4zlw

Ok I put the firmware on a different USB stick and did a hardware format and it upgraded. I found that the Geniatech STB we're using does not support HDCP. I googled and found that if you use a HDMI splitter then things work as the HDCP gets stripped out. It seems not all HDMI splitters do this. I ordered off Amazon a U9LTD model VHD-1X2MN3D. There was a newer version but delivery time was longer as I needed to test so I had this one two days later. Put the splitter in between the HDMI source and the HD Cap-XII. Then the driver will start to work and you'll see stuff in preview.

please note the driver/OBS is still reporting SD (720x480 as well as a smaller res) BUT it is capturing in HD as long as you supply it. The driver also still doesn't have any formats to display except I think it's any and one component one. But again it's working.

The folks in China are going to attempt to debug why the driver is not reporting the correct resolutions etc.

Stay tuned.