Using OBS with capture card and Xbox wireless headset

Mzoltek

I have a steel series 9x. I use it with Xbox and pc using the Xbox usb adaptor. I was having zero issues until last night when my stream had no audio.

I have a 2 PC stream setup and my gaming pc has an hdmi out to a usb capture card on my streaming PC, my headset is also hooked up to my gaming PC. Again everything was working fine until last night and now I can’t get any audio from my capture card into OBS unless I turn my headset off. How can I get my audio capture back while using my headset?

thanks!!

Mzoltek

So my gaming pc was set to output to my Xbox headset and the stream pc was set to whatever the sound card was called “realtek” or something. I even tried setting it to the capture card microphone and nothing. I ended up downloading voicemeeter and that allowed me to output 2 channels. My issue with that now is I hear myself in the mix when I talk, but it’s better than it was before.

everything worked before I accidentally removed my capture card from obs . So strange

Mzoltek

Interestingly enough I don't need to, it has an internal speaker it outputs to, but everything I need to hear comes from the gaming PC into my headset plugged into the gaming PC. So the answer is internal speaker, but I never have any sound playing from it