Question / Help Using OBS to post a FB Live video through main profile?

goatcheese4me

Hi,

I'm new to OBS, so if it seems like I'm asking a repetitive question or I missed a major step, then that's why.

Ideally, I'd like to create a FB Live video (using OBS) through my main FB profile page (that has the broadest audience). However, a big need for this is the streaming key that seems to only be obtainable by creating a "Facebook Page" and clicking Publishing Tools.

The problem with this, as my limited knowledge has assessed, is that when I create a Facebook Page--and lets use Happy Campers as an example, to my understanding it broadcasts ONLY to the Happy Campers members (correct me if i'm wrong).

So if I, John Doe, with 400 friends, want to create a video announcing an event at the end of the month through a FB live video, I have to go to my Happy Campers page that I created only to get to the Publishing Tools link so that I can get my streaming key. By doing that though, and using OBS, it says Happy Campers is live, not John Doe. And how do I know whether or not I am reaching my/John Doe's friends and not only me in the Happy Campers page?

So what is the work around? How do I publish a live video to John Doe's timeline using the tools from OBS, and not broadcast through a page?