Using OBS for DJ Livestream - Audio issue help needed

GoldieSteve

Hi - New to OBS but have managed to set up my scenes / sources etc.. I'm using my DJ Controller as the audio output device
I can play a track and switch scenes etc but whenever I cue up the next track BOTH can be heard at the same time The doubling up doesn't happen through my speakers in real time, only if I record or go live
I switched to a different controller to rule out the hardware and I've successfully livestreamed in FB with no issue so I'm guessing it's a set up problem
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance

jennerate

Please post some screenshots of your Scenes, and Sources (including the properties of the audio input sources) and Advanced Audio settings. I suspect Monitor and Output may be selected for some channels, but it could also be the source properties that might be causing an issue.

When you say you are using a DJ Controller as the "Audio Output" device, I assume you mean that you've set it up as an Audio Source in a scene and not as the main playback device for audio coming out of OBS?

GoldieSteve

Hey

Thanks for the help ....
To clarify, The controller is as you say the Audio Source. I only have 2 scenes up at present as I try to work this out . The main scene (1st clip) has cameras videos etc the second (FSDB Header) is just an image with scrolling text - that all seems to work ok. I don't have any audio input as I'm not using a mic simply playback
Hope you can make sense of it

1599056148231.png

1599055741421.png

Advanced Audio settings
1599056510398.png

Properties for Audio Source

1599056754307.png

jennerate

I assume you have your headphones connected to the Controller and not the PC?
If you have them connected to the PC you'll get a bit of latency between what the controller is outputting and what you hear through OBS, which would hinder you mixing tracks.

Does the issue you are having actually happen in-stream (your recording) or only in your headphones?

What you describe sounds like the crossfader is not doing its job under certain circumstances. I haven't used the Mixtrack pro, but I presume you are connecting it directly to your Sound Card using a 3.5 MM jack or some similar audio cable. I assume that there is no USB cable between the controller and the PC?

GoldieSteve

Headphones connected to the controller. Issue happens in stream and if I record in OBS then playback. Doesn't happen in the headphones I only hear what I'm cueing.
I am beginning to doubt the crossfader tbh - but I've been streaming on FB via an iRig several times with no similar issues
The mixtrack connects directly to the PC via USB
Really appreciate this