Question / Help Using Astros with OBS?

efarciert

Just had a quick question regarding the A40 headset and OBS. I was streaming for the first time yesterday with my recently purchased headset but I am having a ton of trouble figuring out how to get the audio settings right so that my game audio, music I'm playing, and any other sounds coming from my computer all go to the stream and in turn go to my headset. I'm assuming the only problem is that the Astro Mixamp is mainly driven using a USB slot. I have tried using Soundflower and WavTap but that only succeeds in sending all the audio sources to my stream, but it doesn't allow me to listen to it through my headset. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Herolordman

I have all my audio (music, Skype friends, game audio, game chat, etc) coming into my stream and into my headset. Route all your audio into you Mac, and then send the audio out form your computer to your headset. I don't have the headset connected to the console, but rather to the computer. I do have to use 2 microphones though (one for the stream, and one for the console)

NateSnowstorm

Open up Audio midi setup, and create a new multi-output device, add all your audio sources to that (Wavtap, Soundflower, Headphones, Mic, etc), then option click your volume control and select that as your audio source.

I use Audio Hijack Pro to hijack all the audio sources I want to stream, and output them to a second output (which happens to be my headset). The program also allows me to adjust the volume of for example the background music so to me it is lower than for the viewers on Twitch. This way I can still hear what they are hearing but it does not interfere with my tiny brains ;-)

Immortality702

I use Audio Hijack Pro to hijack all the audio sources I want to stream, and output them to a second output (which happens to be my headset). The program also allows me to adjust the volume of for example the background music so to me it is lower than for the viewers on Twitch. This way I can still hear what they are hearing but it does not interfere with my tiny brains ;-)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Which astros specifically? EDIT: woops, A40s, stated in the very first post.

Does it work with regular sound capture? Maybe you just have soundflower/highjack/etc configured incorrectly.