Question / Help Used to be a PC user, got a new iMac, help me set up OBS for twitch

sophie0121

Hi everyone!

I just got a new iMac, was streaming on an old PC before and it worked very well, but it was filled with viruses and what not. Anyways, long story short, I got myself a top of the line iMac

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 8g ram AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB 1Tb space 27" inch retina screen

I usually stream Heroes of Storm, but would like to be able to stream other games eventually. I use OBS and set it to what I use to have on my old PC, but the game ends up being really choppy along with the stream quality. Why would there be a difference in both computers?

And what's even more weird is that, I've tried with the lowest settings when using a non-apple keyboard and mouse, the gameplay itself and the stream are both choppy. But when using the apple keyboard and mouse, with high settings it's about the same as using low settings with the non-apple products. (If that even matters?)

Also, been using the display capture, since when using the game capture setting, it's crops half of my game screen off? (WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PROBLEMS???)

I do want to say, PC is better in gaming and streaming, but am I doing something wrong? If someone could guide me and maybe check mark what I'm doing right and wrong.

Thank you!

keybounce

(Never mind, you said you are doing that)

For display capture: Do you have a retina display? Probably.

Are you getting only the upper left 1/4 of the display? Then do this:

1. In settings, see if the "base" resolution matches your screen, and the "output" resolution matches what size you want to stream at.

2. If that does not fix it, then try the "base" at the retina size (roughly, twice the size of your apparent display in both directions).

In my case, I use display capture with no cropping, and in video have both "base" and "output" at 854x480, and adjust the location on screen by dragging in the preview window.

Last edited:

Kayyte_p99

Did you ever figure out good settings?

I am having the same problem and have set my OBS to the lowest suggested and I still have a very choppy game when OBS is even open.